Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Wikidata x Politics Meetup
- Submission no. 83
- Title of the submission
Wikidata x Politics: Experience Exchange
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
lucy [at] mysociety.org
stefan.kasberger [at] okfn.at
- Country of origin
UK / Germany / Austria
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Type of session
- Length of session
1-2 hours (with option to continue conversations over drinks later!)
- Ideal number of attendees
Anywhere from 5 to 20!
Lots of us have been working on data for politicians in our individual countries, but what can we learn for the experience of others doing so in other countries? Do they have tools or approaches which could be borrowed for other contexts? What are the challenges that none of us have found ways around?
This is a super-informal meetup which will shape itself around the interests of taking part.
If small - could be fire-side chat style, if more people are interested, we'll do something a bit more structured.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- New allies and potential cross-country collaborators
- An appreciation of who may be experiencing similar phenomena in other countries
- Ideas for how to tackle data issues
- Exchange about practical issues, like tools and data
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
Would be helpful if those interested could put a note about what they hope to get from the meetup.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.
- --Looniverse (talk) 15:21, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
- Envlh (talk) 08:25, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- Susanna Ånäs (Susannaanas) (talk) 14:25, 2 August 2017 (UTC)
- --Phipra (talk) 23:27, 27 August 2017 (UTC)
- Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 19:50, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
- Neumarcx (talk) 16:06, 25 October 2017 (UTC)