Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Wikidata Toolkit: How to use Wikidata in Java
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no. 93
- Title of the submission
- Wikidata Toolkit: How to use Wikidata in Java
- Author(s) of the submission
- Tpt (talk • contribs • logs)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Télécom ParisTech
- Type of session
- Workshop (30min or 1 hour, small group, on a specific topic, with time for attendees to practice)
- Length of session
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
- Wikidata Toolkit is a Java library for accessing Wikidata and other Wikibase installations. It allows to create bots, to download and parse dumps in order to do, e.g., complex analysis of Wikidata content. The aim of this workshop is to give a quick introduction of the Wikidata Toolkit and show people an easy way to create bots and manipulate Wikidata dumps.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Basic knowledge required in order to use the Wikidata Toolkit to write bots and consume the Wikidata content using dumps.
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.
- --Carlojoseph14 (talk) 17:34, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
- Never did much programming in Wikimedia projects as Java (my native language) is not widely used there. Hope this changes something :) --Papuass (talk) 13:27, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Bodhisattwa (talk) 05:06, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
- --Texaner (talk) 18:52, 23 October 2017 (UTC)