Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Using Wikidata Query and QuickStatements to automatically amend Wikidata items
- Submission no. 66
- Title of the submission
- Using Wikidata Query and QuickStatements to automatically amend Wikidata items
- Author(s) of the submission
- Geert Van Pamel (geertivp)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Belgium
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 30-60 minutes depending on the scope and number of examples
- Ideal number of attendees
- 10 (or more?)
- EtherPad for documentation
Using Wikidata Query to verify the quality and completeness of Wikidata items. How to find anomalies. How to find missing language translations. How to find mismatched key/value pairs. How to perform analysis, reports, and statistics. Using QuickStatements to automatically create and amend Wikidata items. How to build lists.
Examples: Create Labels in other languages, add (missing) descriptions, count the most used description for a group of items, align/correct descriptions.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- How to build Wikidata Queries
- How to identify anomalies
- How to identify missing data (Labels, Descriptions)
- How to export into Excel
- How to build a Quick Statements file
- How to execute the Quick Statements file
- How to troubleshoot
- Slides or further information
Query examples: Special:PrefixIndex/User:Geertivp/training
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.