Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Try our prototype of the query builder
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Try our prototype of the query builder
- Author(s) of the submission
- Jakob Warkotsch
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Deutschland
- Type of session
- Other (user interface evaluation)
- Length of session
- ~15 minutes for each session
- Ideal number of attendees
The Query Service is a powerful tool for getting information out of Wikidata, but not everyone knows SPARQL and is familiar with the SPARQL endpoint’s RDF schema. As part of my master’s thesis I developed a graphical query builder which allows Wikidata users to build queries without any SPARQL knowledge being required. In this session I would like each attendee to individually try out the latest prototype and give me feedback about its usability and usefulness. The query builder is especially targeted towards people who are interested in using Wikidata queries to generate lists for Wikipedia.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Try out the latest version of the query builder
- Give feedback and your ideas on improving the query builder
- Help me evaluate the result of my master’s thesis :)
- Special requests
I would like each attendee to try out the application individually so a small booth or table with two chairs in a relatively quiet corner and minimal distractions would be great. Ideally I would like to carry out the evaluation with 20-25 different people with each session taking about 15-20 minutes.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.