Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Share and document workflows to improve Wikidata’s use experience
- Submission no. 51
- Title of the submission
- Author(s) of the submission
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Type of session
- Length of session
- As needed – I suggest 1h
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
What do you do on wikidata.org? And how and why do others work with it? Our workshop will be dedicated to sharing and documenting workflows and workarounds in Wikidata use – first with workshop participants, then on wiki.
Knowing about each others motivations and activities will enable us to create a better user experience together, since we can take them into account when plan for improving the interface. Without such information, e.g. the User Experience team needs to rely on their best guesses, but they want to do better!
Jan of the Wikidata UX team will give a brief intro to an established and intuitive documentation format, so called "Scenarios". We would then share tasks we do on Wikidata and form little groups if needed to document (different) approaches to typical tasks we do.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Knowledge about other community members’s workflows and motivations
- Understanding of how User Experience can be supported and developed as a community
- Experiences with (new?) ways of communicating work flows and user needs
- Slides or further information
- See the (few) existing scenarios for Wikidata. We would use a similar format and create more of these, integrate them better and maybe even illustrate them a bit.
- In need for some visual representation of workflows? Try the opensource draw.io to draw diagrams
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.