- Submission no. 50
- Title of the submission
- Author(s) of the submission
- Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Technical University of Denmark, Wikimedia Denmark
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 1 hour
- Ideal number of attendees
- 15 or any number.
- EtherPad for documentation
The project and web service Scholia displays information from Wikidata. As the core functionality, it shows scientific bibliographic information: list of publications of specific authors, venues, organization, etc. Bar charts of number of citations, graphs of co-authors. It makes extensive use of the Wikidata Query Service. It attempts to make a complete researcher profile/CV as well as a tool to help researchers navigate the scientific literature.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Get an idea of what Scholia is.
- Get to know how you can contribute to Scholia.
- Know limitations and problems in the Wikidata, WikiCite, Scholia and bibliometrics/scientometrics domain.
- Influence the direction of Scholia
- Slides or further information
- Slides: http://www2.compute.dtu.dk/pubdb/views/edoc_download.php/7030/pdf/imm7030.pdf
- Website: http://tools.wmflabs.org/scholia/
- 16-page article: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.04222
- 22-page article: http://www2.compute.dtu.dk/pubdb/views/edoc_download.php/7010/pdf/imm7010.pdf
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.