Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Introduction to the Wikidata Query Service and SPARQL
- Submission no. 34
- Title of the submission
- Introduction to the Wikidata Query Service and SPARQL
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Germany (Q183)
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Germany (Q8288) (intern, software development)
- Type of session
- Length of session
- preferably 1 hour but 30 minutes is also okay if it fits better in the program
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
This will be a more advanced introduction to the Wikidata Query Service than the submission Query Wikidata - Basics Workshop, focusing on SPARQL. Attendees will learn what the underlying data model of the query service is, how SPARQL works and how to write their own queries.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- How to write SPARQL queries
- How Wikidata maps to RDF
- Slides or further information
I’ve held similar workshops at WikiCite 2017 (Vienna) and at Wikidata-Wahldaten-Workshop 2017 (Ulm). (The slides aren’t especially interesting, because the usual MO is that people start asking questions – “how do you do this? can you also do that?” – and I stop following the slides and instead keep answering questions.)
- Special requests
Ideally, attendees would be able to attend both Query Wikidata - Basics Workshop and this workshop, in that order (the basics workshop first).
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.