Wikidata:WikidataCon 2017/Submissions/Increasing Access to Information for Small Language Wikipedias
- Submission no. 31
- Title of the submission
Increasing Access to Information for Small Language Wikipedias: The Case of the ArticlePlaceholder
- Author(s) of the submission
- Lucie-Aimée Kaffee (User:Frimelle)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- University of Southampton
- Type of session
- Length of session
- Ideal number of attendees
- EtherPad for documentation
mw:Extension:ArticlePlaceholder is a MediaWiki extension, that pulls information from Wikidata to small language Wikipedias, in case there’s a Wikidata item but no Wikipedia article yet. That enables small language Wikipedias to serve a lot more information to many more users. I would like to give an introduction to the topic and discuss with the audience what needs to be improved to make editors and communities aware of the advantages this extension can have and what to improve to meet the needs.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- What is the ArticlePlaceholder?
- How can we support under-served Wikipedias with structured data?
- How can Wikidata's data be used in Wikipedia?
- Give an input to the ArticlePlaceholder.
- Slides or further information
- Generating Article Placeholders from Wikidata for Wikipedia - Increasing Access to Free and Open Knowledge
- Example on Haitian Wikipedia
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.
- Llywelyn2000 (talk) 14:15, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
- Jsamwrites (talk)
- Ls1g (talk)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 07:51, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- Alessandro Piscopo (talk) 14:36, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (talk) 08:55, 7 September 2017 (UTC)
- Queryzo (talk) 15:29, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
- Rehman 11:15, 27 October 2017 (UTC)