The raceinfobox function allows the display of information about a race from data saved on Wikidata. The example of La Flèche Wallonne Féminine (Q508838) is used in the following.
First, it should be checked that the race item exists on Wikidata. Otherwise, create it. The usual properties for race are listed below. More of them are used from raceinfobox :
- Label: the label is used as name if the following properties are empty. It should clearly allow the identification of the race. It is therefore preferable to use an unique label.
- official name (P1448) indicates the official name, in its original language. It is useful as many races include a sponsor name (i.e. Crescent Vårgårda), or use very long names (Tour de Feminin - O cenu Ceskeho Svycarska). It may be suitable to use for the display a translated name or a shorter name in the article (as non-official name). official name (P1448) keeps in this case the information concerning the official name. Presently, cyrillic names are not displayed in Wikipedias with latin police.
- name (P2561) indicates the name of the race used in the tables. For instance, in the victory table of a women team, it is not necessary to display that they won the women Flèche wallonne, as they cannot take part to the men race. This information is redundant. A label change would however cause confusion, and is inappropriate.
- subclass of (P279) indicates the successive classes of the race. The qualifiers start time (P580) and end time (P582) give the time limits. The use of of (P642) allow to give the circuit, for instance UCI Women's Road World Rankings (Q1693153). Lots of classes are common for men and women. The displayed circuit in the infobox is the last in chronological order.
- competition class (P2094) may contains women's cycling (Q1451845) to indicate a women race.
- inception (P571) indicates the creation year of the race.
- dissolved, abolished or demolished date (P576) indicates the disparition year of the race.
- event interval (P2257) indicates the race frequency. Typically 1 year.
- month of the year (P2922) indicates the month when the race normally takes place. If this property is empty, it is assumed that it normally takes place the same month as the last edition.
que le site officiel.