Wikidata:WikiProject COVID-19/Status updates/Wikimedia Hackathon 2020
This is the special status update for the Wikimedia Hackathon 2020!
Here we will gather the things going on at the hackathon that are especially relevant for the WikiProject COVID-19 on Wikidata.
That includes things directly related to the project, of course, such as the en:Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Symposium_on_Wikipedia_and_COVID-19 Symposium on Wikipedia and COVID-19, but also projects that are being developed that could be implemented in the context of this page.
The model is to have open update sections twice a day.
May, 9th - Activities from 00:00 to 11:59 UTC
Data Models / Emergency Measures
- Susannaanas and LGrossberger created a set of roughly 700 items corresponding to COVID-19 related counter measures around the world.
- Refinement of the created items in accordance with the data model and related discussions will continue over the next days.
- Librarian_lena started a ticket for having an easy way to use Wikidata information to pre-fill a Commons entry for maps. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T252259
- Might be useful for Covid-19 related distribution map (P1846)
- Andra, Jasper, Egon: See https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.05.026336v1
- Egon, Birgit: continued work on Complex Portal entries in Wikidata
May, 9th - Activities from 12:00 to 23:59 UTC
Tabular data on Commons and Wikidata
- Shoutout on Telegram to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T181319 about tabular data on commons. That is important for tabular case data (P8204).
- Jitsi talk abular data on Wikidata (with a focus on COVID-19) has led to this Phabricator ticket and two implementations: w:Module:Tabular data and w:Template:Json2table. Interesting to see also this Lua example of importing tabular data to WIkipedia.
- Session on ShapeExpressions on Wikidata, with examples from COVID-19 related ShEx guided by User:Andrawaag, with some insights on representing hospitals on Wikidata.
- Also info on using http://wikishape.weso.es/ to edit entities and shape expressions and the visual editor https://github.com/weso/shex-author. Unfortunately, we were not able to record the meeting.
Symposium on Wikipedia and COVID-19
- A live symposium, streamed on YouTube, and organized by Wikimedia NYC : youtube.com/watch?v=E_FzeLUZols , at 2200 UTC.
- User:Bluerasberry is presenting about the Wikidata response. The presentations will be available on Commons in the future.
- Live editing on twitch and etherpad on informations of the Wikiproject Figure Skating (https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/FigureSkatingWorkflow).
May, 10th - Activities from 00:00 to 11:59 UTC
Shape Expression and hospitals
- As yesterday's session was not recorded, a short video tutorial on ShEx for hospitals was added to youtube.com/watch?v=M8iDHtW5ZMU
May, 10th - Activities from 12:00 to 23:59 UTC
Showcase of the remote hackathon 2020
- A display of the projects developed during the hackathon. Projects have been added to https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wmhackshowcase2020 and showcased at https://live.remo.co/e/wikimedia-remote-hackathon-2020.
- 1Veertje worked on easier ways to add tabular data on Wikimedia Commons (Phabricator; GitHub)
- Csisc talked about using SPARQL for validating Wikidata items (Wikidata:Database evaluation)
- Jarekt build a Lua module to export tabular data from commons to Wikitables (here). This is an important step towards making tabular case data (P8204) even more useful.
- Fuzheado talked about videoconferencing tools for Wikimedians. This can be relevant for the Wikidata:WikiProject COVID-19/Project meeting . The main option was to use Jitsiː
- Set up on https://meet.wmcloud.org. Downsideː not able to record meets so far.