Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Bot/EnvlhBot 1
The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. A summary of the conclusions reached follows.
EnvlhBot (talk • contribs • new items • new lexemes • SUL • Block log • User rights log • User rights • xtools)
Operator: Envlh (talk • contribs • logs)
Task/s: import a Breton dictionary into Wikidata lexicographical data.
Code: available on GitHub.
At the moment, there are only 280 lexemes in Breton language in Wikidata. The book Lexique étymologique du breton moderne by Victor Henry (Q1386172) is available in public domain. The goal is to import this dictionary in the lexicographical data of Wikidata. The process would be as follow:
- Done Iterative parsing of the book in Wikisource (in progress). The result is reviewed by VIGNERON who speaks Breton language and has a good knowledge of lexicographical data in Wikidata.
- Done Matching with existing data in Wikidata. Lexemes already in Wikidata will not be imported nor updated.
- In progress Import of new lexemes in Wikidata. It is intended to handle this data:
- lemma, language, lexical category
- described by source (P1343) (example)
- instance of (P31) = reconstructed word (Q55074511) where relevant
- grammatical gender
- forms with:
- variety of lexeme, form or sense (P7481) for Cornouailles, Léon, Trégor, Vannetais
It is expected to add about 3,700 lexemes.
— Envlh (talk) 09:21, 23 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- This bot seems to be very useful to develop the number of Breton words on Wikidata. As Breton speaker, I can help to review. Pymouss (talk) 15:59, 25 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Please make some test edits.--Ymblanter (talk) 18:46, 29 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Hi! The import was discussed on the Telegram group about lexicographical data on Wikidata. The example for described by source (P1343) was updated accordingly. There were discussions on why no sense would be imported by bot (to sum up, it's too tedious as they are mixed with other informations in the entries of the dictionary); VIGNERON, Pymouss, and I will import them manually (while the dictionary is about Breton language, it is in French). Test edits will be made in a few days / weeks. Cheers, — Envlh (talk) 21:38, 4 October 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Hello! Test edits are in progress, with the help of VIGNERON. — Envlh (talk) 21:15, 7 January 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- Support obviously! Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 14:39, 9 January 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]
- I am going to approve the bot in a couple of days provided no objections have been raised.--Ymblanter (talk) 19:53, 9 January 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]