Wikidata:Property proposal/charter URL
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Organization
- Support as virtually every corporate law jurisdiction that I know of uses some form of charter documents. Shouldn’t this be called “articles of association” (or “constitutional documents” to cover a wider definition), by the way? I believe “by-laws” has a slightly different meaning in the UK. Adelsheim (talk) 19:10, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support. This looks useful! I would suggest to add "URL" to the label, maybe? (so that people are not tempted to enter free text there, or link to an item about the document). − Pintoch (talk) 20:40, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- Property constraints would prevent this; wouldn't they? Nomen ad hoc (talk) 09:06, 11 January 2019 (UTC).
- Support David (talk) 08:46, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Support.--Jklamo (talk) 12:48, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Comment I'd like to find a label that would cover articles of association (Q3497659), articles of incorporation (Q17013292), articles of organization (Q16821865), by-law (Q679847), and Charter (Q727002). These are not all part of the same class structure in Wikidata today. Perhaps we could use "charter URL" with aliases for other types of documents? - PKM (talk) 21:03, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose why not use URL (P2699) with qualifier "of". There could be any number of important document kinds, do we want separate properties for each one? --Vladimir Alexiev (talk) 09:52, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- But in practice, do you know a lot of documents as important (and even fundamental) as the charter, for an organization...? And yes, this property would be useful to be implemented in the Template:Infobox organization/Wikidata (Q57971242) on French WP. Nomen ad hoc (talk) 13:03, 13 January 2019 (UTC).
- Support - PKM (talk) 19:37, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- @Nomen ad hoc, Adelsheim, Pintoch, ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2, Jklamo, PKM: Done as charter URL (P6378). Thierry Caro (talk) 13:15, 18 January 2019 (UTC)