Wikidata:Property proposal/National Library of Chile ID
National Library of Chile ID
VIAF component (code BNCHL).
@Diego Grez, Sergey kudryavtsev, Kolja21, Pigsonthewing: This is closely related to but different from BNC ID (P1890). As you can see at https://viaf.org/processed/BNCHL%7C10000000000000000223672, BNC ID (P1890) is listed as a secondary id RED10000000000000000606940 but the official ID is (BNCHL)BNC10000000000000000223672. Vladimir Alexiev (talk) 13:06, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 14:16, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support -- Sergey kudryavtsev (talk) 04:36, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support David (talk) 07:08, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Trade (talk) 21:45, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- IMHO we shouldn't have both because that would be redundant, and make maintenance harder
- P1890 has a formatter URL at bncatalogo.cl (http://www.bncatalogo.cl/F?func=direct&local_base=red10&doc_number=$1) but I can't find such for this proposed prop
- Note: P1890 has 1.4k values that would need to be migrated
- Do you know any Chileans who we can involve in this discussion? --Vladimir Alexiev (talk) 13:43, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
- On a hunch, I found a URL http://www.bncatalogo.cl/F?func=direct&local_base=bnc10&doc_number=000223672 (called No. Notis) and updated the "formatter URL" above.
- Compared to the URL for BNC ID (P1890) http://www.bncatalogo.cl/F?func=direct&local_base=red10&doc_number=000606940 (called No. control sistema), the other one has no content but leads to a bunch of links (of which Tarjeta catalográfica and Nombre de etiquetas have rich content)
- So maybe we need both IDs after all?
- The library system underlying bncatalogo.cl is not very user friendly :-( --Vladimir Alexiev (talk) 13:49, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
The labels should be clearly distinguishable:
- National Library of Chile ID
- BNC ID (P1890), BNC = National Library of Chile, ID = ID