Wikidata:Property proposal/Index herbariorum code
Index Herbariorum code
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Natural science
While adding basic informations to items created from some repositories in Wikispecies, I've found myself heavily frustrated by the restrictions of short name (P1813), most notably its language requirements, as these standard abbreviations are language agnostic (indeed they are used even in nonlatin languages, e.g.). Furthermore, they frequently do not correspond to the abbreviations used elsewhere (e.g. Field Museum of Natural History (Q1122595), usually abbreviated FMNH, is just F) or even to the name of the institutions in question (as can be seen for SGO and BP above, taken not from the institution names, but the cities where they are located).
One could conceive of a broader property that would be inclusive of other specialties, but while lists have been compiled (notably for ichtyology and herpetology), they remain relatively informal and unstandardized, so I'm sticking to a more restricted property for the time being. Circeus (talk) 21:45, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Brya (talk) 03:36, 12 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support. –Tommy Kronkvist (talk) 08:33, 13 September 2018 (UTC).
- Support Mr. Fulano! Talk 16:12, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support Cwf97 (talk) 19:28, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Accurimbono (talk) 06:47, 18 September 2018 (UTC)