Wikidata:Property proposal/Identifiers.org namespace
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Generic
|Description||namespace of given collection at Identifiers.org, define in the Identifiers.org Registry (Q16335166)|
|Data type||External identifier|
|Example||ChEMBL (Q6120337) → chembl.compound|
|Robot and gadget jobs||Probably|
- Comment Hmm, should this be a statement on the database/collection item, or on our identifier properties? I think it would be better to directly link our identifier properties to the corresponding identifiers.org value. ArthurPSmith (talk) 16:41, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- @GZWDer: given lack of support and no activity in over 3 months, I've marked this as Not done. If you want to reopen it this proposal could be re-used. ArthurPSmith (talk) 18:54, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
- Comment It would be useful if a Wikidata property for Identifiers.org (Q16335163) could be realized and used as an external identifier for various data entries in life sciences, since there are often multiple URLs for one data entry. For example, the protein data identified as "2gc4" can be accessed at the following URIs: http://pdbj.org/mine/summary/2gc4, http://www.ebi.ac.uk/pdbsum/2gc4, http://proteopedia.org/wiki/index.php/2gc4, etc.
- Identifiers.org can be used as a permanent URI for them, which are identified as http://identifiers.org/pdb/2gc4 .
- Here, "pdb" is the database namespace for Protein Data Bank, which is defined at the Identifiers.org Registry (Q16335166) http://www.ebi.ac.uk/miriam/main/collections/MIR:00000020.
- --Yayamamo (talk) 16:34, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
- Comment identifiers.org is indeed a very convenient service, which I often use. Some semantic web resources use it as a service to provide IRIs in linked data if the primary source does not contain IRIs just yet. There is already a property to store IRIs for identifiers.org is the aim is to link with other linked databases. This is exact match (P2888), see for example Q40108#P2888. With this in place it becomes possible to submit federated queries with other resources who use the identifiers.org namespace, such as WikiPathways (Q7999828) or DisGeNET (Q10465472) Andrawaag (talk) 10:00, 26 August 2017 (UTC)