Wikidata project chat
Help with item
Can someone that speaks Arabic add some more information to Tulul al Hammam (Q21091615). It is a place in Jordan and the mineral tululite (Q19862359) is named after it. Shukran! --Tobias1984 (talk) 09:08, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
- @Tobias1984: I modified the description and added coordinates to the item. --Meno25 (talk) 05:31, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
- @Meno25: Thanks! I tried it out (https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%AE%D8%AF%D9%85%3ATobias1984%2Ftest) but the bot still has problems recognizing the templates. --Tobias1984 (talk) 08:23, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
Missing labels, descriptions
This tool needs to get more attention. Some labels are missing in 10^5 statments! https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-terminator/?list&lang=ar&mode=t1000 --Tobias1984 (talk) 23:16, 29 October 2015 (UTC)
- You may contact @باسم: or @Muhends: who are Arabic Wikipedians active on Wikidata about this. --Meno25 (talk) 05:40, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
House of Saud
Hi Topias, Is it posible to add :
- noble family (P53) House of Saud (Q31711) to articles in en:Category:House_of_Saud (Category:House of Saud (Q8524945)) and it's arabic equivalent ? Please add human (Q5), country of citizenship (P27) (Saudi Arabia (Q851)) too.
- noble family (P53) Al ash-Sheikh (Q3757901), country of citizenship (P27) (Saudi Arabia (Q851)) and human (Q5) to Category:Al ash-Sheikh (Q6806147).--Helmoony (talk) 23:04, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Helmoony: Will try to this after I connected the author pages on ar-wikisource with the correct items. Sorry for editing your comment, but I think it is good if the labels are shown. --Tobias1984 (talk) 11:30, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
ARWikibooks to Wikidata
Hi @Tobias1984: @Meno25: @FShbib: @ASammour: @وهراني:, is it possible to take a look at arwikibooks and add export links to wikidata, because actually they are articles linked to other versions but the arlink in wikidata doesn't exist. --Helmoony (talk) 17:30, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- @Helmoony: ar:User:Majed has the code to do this. You may want to ask him this request. --Meno25 (talk) 21:25, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Hello :) I have started working on it today. I will let you know if there is any further update. Majed (talk) 09:30, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
Can we merge ?
Hello, can someone with some knowledge of Arabic understand what is the difference between ar:ميتفورمين هيدروكلورايد and ar:ميتفورمين ? As I understood this is the same molecule. Please ping me if you have some info. Thanks Snipre (talk) 08:27, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Snipre: Thanks a lot for your remark! You are fully correct; both of the artilcles are talking about the same compound, which is used as a drug for diabetes treatment. One of the articles is right now a redirect to the other. Best Regards --Sami Lab (talk) 14:41, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
At Wikidata:Database reports/Deaths at Wikipedia, we attempt to import values for date of death (P570) from various language versions, including ar.wikipedia.org. Of the dates left, currently about 10% are from Arabic. For the years 1966 to 1990, almost all of them: Summary/2.
If you are interested in adding them, there is a tool at https://tools.wmflabs.org/pltools/recentdeaths/ It loads the article (partially or fully) and highlight dates. A simple click on a date adds it to Wikidata. BTW it doesn't handle Islamic dates, but these don't seem that frequent in these articles.
--- Jura 06:59, 13 May 2016 (UTC)
- Done mostly based on categories from arwiki.
--- Jura 16:37, 4 July 2016 (UTC)