The aim of of the WikiProject Periodicals is:
- to define a set of properties from w:Template:Infobox_journal and w:Template:Infobox_magazine (and other languages), especially prior names with year ranges, and standard abbreviations
- to define a set of properties about periodical publishers, including learned societies
- to map and import 'Journals cited by Wikipedia'
- to map and import all relevant data to the Wikipedia collection of journal articles at w:Category:Academic journal articles / w:Category:Magazine articles (and other languages), and link these items to the reason for their notability - e.g. the discovery that was made, or event it records.
- prepare for linking Wikisource collection of journal/magazine articles into Wikidata.
- to map and import all other relevant data that currently is spread in Commons, Wikipedia, and Wikisource.
- establish methods to interact with this data from different projects
Venue item properties
These properties apply to journals/magazines as a publishing venue.
Organisation item properties
These properties apply to journals/magazines as a organisation.
article item properties
This properties are for the first item that represents a book (FRBR work level). These properties are mainly for items linked to Wikipedia pages.
List of qualifiers for using an article item as a source for a claim.
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions:
- John Vandenberg (talk) 09:30, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
- Aubrey (talk) 12:15, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 12:47, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
- Micru (talk) 13:09, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
- DarTar (talk) 01:37, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
- Randykitty (talk) 14:57, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
- Maximilianklein (talk) 00:23, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Mvolz (talk) 08:10, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
- Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy 22:17, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
- Mattsenate (talk) 17:26, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
- author TomT0m / talk page
- JakobVoss (talk) 14:25, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
Items without claims