The item with the highest Q number at the moment is…
- 23:00, 29 March 2017 (hist) [833 bytes] Rafael Sánchez Vázquez (Created a new item: Rafael Sánchez Vázquez, Investigador Mexicano)
- 2017-03-22: The twenty-nine-millionth item, about a DNA mismatch repair protein is created.
- 2016-12-12: The twenty-eight-millionth item, about Trees of Spain, is created.
- 2016-10-29: Wikidata celebrates its fourth birthday!
- 2016-09-24: The twenty-seven-millionth item, about a hill in Iceland, is created.
- 2016-07-25: "marriageable age", property number three-thousand, is created.
- 2016-07-24: The twenty-six-millionth item, about an Argentinian short film, is created.
- 2016-06-28: The twenty-five-millionth item, about an Indonesian headland, is created.
- 2016-05-11: ArticlePlaceholder has launched.
- 1 Current news
- 2 Older entries
- 2.1 2016
- 2.2 2015
- 2.3 2014
- 2.4 2013
- 2.5 2012
- 2016-05-04: Phase 2 of Wikiversity has launched.
- 2016-05-03: The twenty-four-millionth item, about a 2016 South Korean film, is created.
- 2016-04-26: Arbitrary access is deployed to Wikimedia Commons.
- 2016-03-03: The twenty-three-millionth item, about a video of a speech from TEDGlobal 2014, is created.
- 2016-02-23: Phase 1 of Wikiversity has launched.
- 2016-02-16: The datatype identifier has launched, and the "in other projects" sidebar is enabled by default on all projects except Dutch Wikipedia.
- 2016-02-09: The mathematical expression datatype has launched.
- 2016-02-01: Wikiversity deployment planned to start February 23rd, check out the coordination page.
- 2016-01-09: The twenty-two-millionth item, about a 1950s Kurt Neumann film, is created.
- 2015-10-29: Wikidata turns three years old. Read about the past year and what is coming next.
- 2015-10-20: Meta, Wikispecies and MediaWiki get access to the sitelinks on Wikidata.
- 2015-09-22: The twenty-one-millionth item, about a phonetic rule in Alemannic, is created.
- 2015-09-22: Phase 2 of Wikibooks has launched.
- 2015-09-16: Arbitrary access is deployed to every Wikimedia wikis that phase 2 supported except Wikimedia Commons.
- 2015-09-09: Meta, MediaWiki.org and Wikispecies deployment planned to start October 20th.
- 2015-09-09: Unit support has launched.
- 2015-09-09: Usage tracking is deployed to every Wikimedia wikis that phase 1 supported.
- 2015-07-17: "CPDL ID", property number two-thousand, is created.
- 2015-07-07: Wikibase Quality Extensions have launched. Now we can view the constraint report of an item.
- 2015-06-01: Arbitrary access for Italian Wikipedia and all remaining Wikisource projects has launched.
- 2015-05-28: The twenty-millionth item, about an encyclopedia article of archery, is created.
- 2015-05-11: Arbitrary access for Dutch Wikipedia and French Wikisource has launched.
- 2015-05-06: Arbitrary access for Dutch Wikipedia and French Wikisource is planned to start May 11th.
- 2015-02-28: Wikidata reached 200,000,000 edits.
- 2015-02-24: Phase 1 of Wikibooks has launched. Now you can link Wikibooks pages with every item.
- 2015-02-07: The nineteen-millionth item, about a military aircraft crash on South Korea's Jeju Island, is created.
- 2015-02-06: Wikibooks deployment planned to start February 24th, check out the coordination page.
- 2014-12-17: Language fallbacks and property datatype have launched.
- 2014-12-16: Google announces the closure of Freebase and migration to Wikidata
- 2014-12-03: Statements on properties have launched. In addition, when you delete a page on a Wikimedia project, Wikidata will automatically update.
- 2014-12-02: Phase 2 of Wikimedia Commons has launched.
- 2014-10-29: Wikidata turns two!
- 2014-09-07: The eighteen-millionth item, about a fortress in Yesan, South Korea, is created.
- 2014-08-19: Sitelink to Wikinews and Wikidata, badges, redirects between items, and monolingual text datatype have launched.
- 2014-06-10: Phase 2 of Wikiquote has launched.
- 2014-05-29: The seventeen-millionth-and-second item, about a 1994 album by Luciano, is created. was a duplicate item and Q17000001 was skipped by the software.
- 2014-04-08: Phase 1 of Wikiquote has launched. Now you can link Wikiquote pages with every item.
- 2014-04-01: The sixteen-millionth item, about Bernard van Cutsem, an English horsebreeder and racehorse trainer, is created.
- 2014-02-25: Phase 2 of Wikisource has launched to allow data access, and performance improvements were deployed.
- January 31, 2014: The quantities datatype is introduced.
- January 14, 2014: Phase 1 of Wikisource has launched. Now you can link Wikisource pages with every item.
- December 31, 2013: User:Dexbot became the first bot to reach 10,000,000 edits in one Wikimedia project.
- December 30, 2013: Wikidata reached 100,000,000 edits.
- December 10, 2013: Ordering, ranks and a table of content have launched.
- November 2, 2013: Wikisource deployment planned to start January 13th, 2014, check out the coordination page.
- October 29, 2013: Wikidata celebrates its first birthday!
- October 26, 2013: "record held", the one-thousandth property, is created.
- September 30, 2013: The fifteen-millionth item, about a Wikipedia category related to beetles, is created.
- September 23, 2013: Phase 1 of Commons has launched. Now you can link Wikimedia Commons pages with every item.
- September 16, 2013: The first 2 Wikidata oversighters are elected, Ajraddatz and Rschen7754.
- September 10, 2013: The URL datatype is now available, and can be used with the reference URL (P854) and official website (P856) properties.
- September 8, 2013: Wikimedia Commons deployment planned to start September 23rd, check out the coordination page.
- July 23, 2013: Phase 1 of Wikidata has gone live on Wikivoyage. In addition, when you move a page on Wikivoyage, Wikidata will automatically update. (This long-awaited feature will be available on Wikipedia as well on the 25th.)
- July 17, 2013: The fourteen-millionth item, about Huangjue, a village in Jiuxian Township, China, is created.
- July 5, 2013: Wikivoyage deployment planned to start July 23rd, check out the coordination page.
- June 10, 2013: The coordinates datatype is now available, and can be used with the coordinate location (P625) property, as it currently is on the New York City item.
- June 9, 2013: Wikidata is edited for the 50,000,000th time, just over seven months after the site's creation. Wikidata is the eighth-ever Wikimedia project to pass this milestone, and one of only two to do so that are not Wikipedias.
- May 29, 2013: The long-awaited time datatype is now available, allowing important properties such as date of birth (P569) and date of death (P570). (See George Washington's item, for instance.)
- May 8, 2013: The thirteen-millionth item, about a village in Nalgonda district, Andhra Pradesh, India, is created.
- April 27, 2013: The twelve-millionth item, about high-altitude mountaineering, is created.
- April 24, 2013: Phase 2 of Wikidata is deployed across all editions of Wikipedia.
- April 18/19 2013: A software update has introduced qualifiers and case-insensitive searches.
- April 15, 2013: The eleven-millionth-plus-one item is created, about Nichols Airfield, an airfield in the Philippines. Item Q11000000 was skipped over by the software.
- April 12, 2013: The first 2 Wikidata bureaucrats are elected. These are Bene* and Vogone.
- April 4, 2013: The ten-millionth item, a category of topics related to the Bulgarian city of Pazardzhik, is created.
- April 4, 2013: Property "no label (P107)" has been used 1000000 times.
- March 31, 2013: The nine-millionth item, a category of topics related to the German municipality Langen Brütz, is created.
- March 27, 2013: Phase 2 of Wikidata is deployed on 11 editions of Wikipedia. These projects now have the ability to include Wikidata statements in their articles.
- March 22, 2013: The eight-millionth item, a category of medalists from the 1984 Winter Olympics, is created.
- March 12, 2013: The seven-millionth item is created, about Giuseppe Murnigotti, an Italian inventor.
- March 6, 2013: Phase 1 of Wikidata goes live on the remaining 282 editions of Wikipedia. In addition, more features and bugfixes are deployed, including a new datatype, "string".
- March 3, 2013: The six-millionth item is created, about Erik Gabrielsson Emporagrius, a 17th-century Swedish bishop and professor of physics and theology.
- February 20, 2013: The five-millionth item, a template of snooker tournaments, is created, the first milestone item to not have an article as its subject.
- February 18, 2013: New features and bugfixes rolled out.
- February 13, 2013: Wikidata phase 1 goes live on the English Wikipedia, with Wikidata language links supplementing locally-hosted ones.
- February 4, 2013: Phase 2 of Wikidata commences, allowing the creation of properties, and of statements for items. For more information, please see Wikidata:Infoboxes task force and Wikidata:Property proposal.
- February 2, 2013: Item 4,000,000 is created, just over three months after Wikidata's launch. Its subject is Hildegard Gölz, a German pastor's wife who harbored Jews during the Holocaust.
- January 30, 2013: Wikidata phase 1 goes live on the Hebrew and Italian Wikipedias. Additionally, the labels and descriptions task force succeeds in creating English labels for all of the first 20,000 items.
- January 24, 2013: All of the articles of French Wikipedia have items in Wikidata.
- January 14, 2013: Wikidata phase 1 goes live on the Hungarian Wikipedia, with Wikidata language links supplementing locally-hosted ones.
- January 13, 2013: A Dutch Wikipedia article on the list of mayors of Westdorpe becomes the subject of item three million; six days later, Wikidata makes it one third of the way to item 10,000,000.
- January 4, 2013: Periphragella elisae, a species of sponge, becomes item ID Q2500000.
- December 29, 2012: Item ID two million, Stasina americana, is created within sixty days of Wikidata's launch.
- December 23, 2012: MYD88, a protein that exists in humans, is created as item ID Q1500000.
- December 15, 2012: Finnish television series Matkaoppaat is added as item ID one million.
- December 10, 2012: English town Newton-le-Willows is added to Wikidata, as the subject of Item ID .
- December 7, 2012: American alpine skier Tim Jitloff becomes the subject of Item ID , within 55 hours of Q400000's creation.
- December 5, 2012: Wikidata has been updated with lots of bugfixes and a new Special:EntitiesWithoutLabel. For all changes see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org.
- December 5, 2012: Item ID is reached with a South Korean TV drama.
- December 2, 2012: Human and bot collaboration helps Wikidata reach item ID , three days after Q200000. The subject is Ars-en-Ré, a commune on the French Atlantic coast.
- December 1, 2012: Item ID is created. It is a disambiguation page.
- November 29, 2012: Human and bot collaboration helps Wikidata reach item ID with an entry about a Danish rockband, five days after Q100000.
- November 24, 2012: Item ID is created. The subject is Cadier en Keer, a Dutch town.
- November 14, 2012: Victory becomes item ID Q50000, fifteen days after Wikidata's launch.
- November 10, 2012: Item ID is created. This is about the song "Crawling" by the American rock band Linkin Park.
- November 8, 2012: The first set of local temporary administrators are elected.
- November 3, 2012: Item ID is created, four days after opening the wiki. The item is "Dutch Wikipedia."
- October 30, 2012: Wikidata is launched. Several bugs have been fixed and the Wikidata repository should be functional. Please report errors!
- October 29, 2012: Item ("Universe") is created.
- October 26, 2012: The Wikidata database is created but is not available for editing yet.