The XLDB conference (extremely large databases) will take place in October 2017 in Clermont-Ferrand (France). During their hackathon day, 4 persons will run a Wikidata and SPARQL workshop.
- Conference: October 10-12th 2017
- Wikidata workshop: October 12th, all day
- Location: Clermont-Ferrand (Q42168), France (Q142) (see info about venue)
- Description: XLDB events are uniquely targeted gatherings that discuss the real-world challenges, practical considerations, and nuts-and-bolts solutions in the realm of managing and analyzing extreme scale data sets. Attendees include Big Data users from industry / science / government, developers, researchers, and providers.
- Language: the official language of the conference is English. The talks and workshops will be in English, but the meta organization can take place in French.
About the workshop
During the 3rd day of the conference, there will be a hackathon with different workshops. They would like to have a Wikidata/SPARQL/reusing data one. The exact program needs to be decided with the trainers, but the raw schedule is:
- Wikidata introduction (1h)
- Query Service/SPARQL introduction (1h)
- Optional: other tools to query data (API, etc) (30min)
- Rest of the day: hackathon, people working on projects, the trainers help and support them
The expected audience is a group of 45 persons who already work in big data/large databases, academic, researchers, as much as people working in companies.