Wikidata:Events/Wikidata Zurich Training2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What? Wikidata technical training to learn how to query Wikidata with SPARQL, how to implement tools for Wikidata, how to invoke the API to code your own app, how to code a bot, how to import and link data, how to analyse Wikidata dumps, how to set up your own Wikibase, and possibly how to work effectively with MediaWiki extensions. It is an extended version of the Wikidata Zurich workshop (2017) and the Wikidata Zurich Datathon (2018). We will have hands-on sessions and we will give attendees the chance to practice what they learn with live coding and Q&A.
- Where? University of Zurich. More details coming soon.
- When? Saturday 28th September, Sunday 29th September. On Friday 27th we will have an informal community gathering in the evening for whoever is around and would like to join. Moreover, please note that on Saturday 28th, the Zurich Stammtisch takes place, so we recommend you to join.
- Languages? English will be used for the presentations. We are also happy to discuss in German and/or Spanish.
- Audience? Anyone willing to learn all the details about Wikidata. Some programming and database knowledge will certainly be helpful.
- How to prepare in advance? We will publish materials in advance. In the meantime, please check Wikidata's documentation here.