- 2022-03-05: Item Q111111111, about Che Lagarto Hostel Porto de Galinhas, the hostel in Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco, Brazil, is created.
- 2021-12-08: "Antanina Paulavičienė", the one hundred and ten millionth item, is created.
- 2021-10-17: "Research Vocabularies Australia ID", property number ten-thousand, is created.
- 2021-09-30: Lexeme L600000, for the Ukrainian (Q8798) word 'заклепковий', meaning 'made of rivets', is created.
- 2021-06-07: Lexeme:L500000, for the Japanese (Q5287) word '政令指定都市', which is a term for a city with a population greater than 500,000.
- 2020-12-31: Lexeme L400000, for the Estonian (Q9072) word 'kirkalt', meaning 'brightly', is created.
- 2020-12-30: "Ancient History Encyclopedia ID", property number nine-thousand, is created.
As the world combats the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Wikidata has been extremely useful in collecting and modelling useful information related to COVID-19, from relevant research articles and clinical trials, to epidemiological statistics of various regions, to lexemes for words and phrases commonly associated with the pandemic, and much more. A lot of work from WikiProject COVID-19 goes into creating and maintaining these items, bolstering Wikidata's role as a helpful open resource in the pandemic.