- OK. I choose Property:P101 as "tennis" is not a "profesion" (French name of P106) and "tennis player" does not exist. But I just noticed that other poeple have sport name as "profession" (P106), and the English "ocupation" may be a more general term. So I just switched to P106 my previous contribution to P101. Zebulon84 (talk) 11:32, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
Combined WTA/ATP tennis tournaments
Here you merged two Q-nodes into one which should have remained separate. Coupling the men's singles with the full ATP tournament is no longer done (since december 2012).
The structure of a combined WTA/ATP tennis tournament is as follows:
- the combined tournament consists of the men's tournament and the women's tournament
- each of these consists of a singles tournament and a doubles tournament
Properties should be attached to the appropriate level.
Language articles are to be attached to the Q-node where they belong. In this respect we find that the languages wiki's tend to fall apart into two categories:
- E-type (English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, ...) possessing one article on the 'combined tournament level' and detailed articles for men/singles, men/doubles, women/singles, women/doubles.
- D-type (Dutch, Deutsch, French, Polish, ...) possessing one article for the women's tournament and one article for the men's tournament. Recently some D-type countries started to add a small 'umbrella' article to ease navigation to the E-type countries (vice versa). The Germans have done most of that work already; the Dutch are underway and the Polish have just started. Perhaps I might suggest that the French follow the example?
This implies that some of the seven Q-nodes will not contain articles in your language. Still it would be useful to specify a title for such nodes in your language. Such titles will clarify the navigation through the Q-node structure.
Hopefully you are willing to co-operate in maintaining this structure.
What are you doing?
I have reverted your edit in frWiki, you added an error into the code and I guess lots of articles got broke. Please, don´t write code this way. We can talk at the discussion page of the module. --Molarus 16:32, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
- Problem solved and thanks for your help, I have learned a lot. Regards, --Molarus 20:40, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
Hi. FYI: I just blocked User:ZebuIon48, who, besides choosing a very similar name to yours (note that the L has been replaced by an i in order to be able to register the name, which otherwise would have been too similar to yours to be allowed by the system), copied your user page and your talk page to their own. I guess that this is someone else who is imitating you and you are okay with this block. In case this account is actually operated by you, just tell me and I will unblock it (although I still would not recommend to run such an alternate account). --YMS (talk) 20:03, 12 February 2016 (UTC)