Welcome to Wikidata, Zaccarias!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
I don't think faculty member (Q41835716) should be merged into faculty (Q5428874).
Faculty isn't a profession - it's a name for all the academic staff.
same as member of the European Parliament (Q27169) or member of parliament (Q486839)
I deleted your note for now so it wouldn't be merged till we have discussed this properly
--Mikey641 (talk) 16:24, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for your reply. My intention on my comment on the similarity of these two items was to point out that there is something wrong which has to be fixed. If I had thought that a simple merge would have been the solution I could have done this merge by myself.
- There is a similarity in these two items: Both are defined as "instance of": "profession". I agree that an item for all the academic staff should also exist in addition to the profession item as you have mentioned above. But in order to achieve that the definition and description of the item has to be revised to be more precisely and clearly.--Zaccarias (talk) 16:47, 20 December 2017 (UTC)