Welcome to Wikidata, Trivialist!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hey, When a film is re-rated by the BBFC it always gets a new BBFC reference number for the new rating. Please, add the corresponding reference number for each (if you click on the film title where the old ratings are listed, you get to the page of the old rating with the old reference number). Also, you may set the rank of the most recent one to preferred. – Máté (talk) 05:11, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
Official website Giant Bomb
I see you have reverted my removal of the link http://www.giantbomb.com from Giant Bomb (Q1657282). That address redirects to https://www.giantbomb.com. As it is now, projects that use official website (P856) from Giant Bomb (Q1657282) will display two entities, both of which will end up at https://www.giantbomb.com. I'm reverting your edit. Desoda (talk) 12:01, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
Partial deletion of property description
- @Jura1: I removed the usage portion because it was included under Wikidata usage instructions (P2559), but didn't know that they should be kept in the description for now. My apologies. Also I'm replying here because it seems a shame to mess up your talk page. :) Trivialist (talk) 13:01, 10 February 2018 (UTC)Trivialist
When the Pawn...
P2631 formatter URL
Hi Trivialist. Why did you change the formatter URL (P1630) of Turner Classic Movies film ID (P2631) back to the old one? I had changed it to the other one, because the old URL doesn't seem to work anymore and just redirects to www.tcm.com/unavailable?stid= (at least for many people including me). --Kam Solusar (talk) 15:49, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
Hey, I saw you adding a some great sites to Mix'n'Match, thank you for that! I also tried but this RegEx thingie (and the lack of coding skills) always gets me. Do you happen to know any tutorials which could help learning how to transcribe to URLs so I can make scrapers? Thank you! --Adam Harangozó (talk) 18:57, 5 November 2018 (UTC)