Previous discussion was archived aton 2017-11-02.
Welcome to Wikidata, Trade!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi, please see the difference between Department of Justice, Rating, Titles and Qualification (Q1750377), an organisation, and Brazilian Advisory Rating System (Q26323090) the rating system it maintains. As a general rule, we have different items for different entitites/things. – Máté (talk) 06:06, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Songs and singles
See Q56085802, Q56085788 and Q1886329 for examples (see also the deletion discussion for B-side (DEPRECATED) (P1432), and Wikidata:WikiProject Music#Overview). There are about a few hundred more of these items, but currently there have been no semi-automatic imports to establish this sort of item structure, and this probably breaks some Wikidata infoboxes. Jc86035 (talk) 18:01, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
video game publishers
Hi, thanks for creating items about video game publishers. But it would be nice to add to these items some sources, identifiers and more corporate properties (at least some basic one like country (P17), headquarters location (P159), industry (P452) and official website (P856).--Jklamo (talk) 07:02, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
- Finding information and identifiers about small video game companies can be surprisingly hard. What do you use? Trade (talk) 22:47, 16 January 2019 (UTC)
Hi! It seems that you have tried to create a property "content descriptor" at Q61519786, but you have created an item instead. Creating a property is slightly more complicated than creating an item: you must propose the property to the community first (see Wikidata:Property proposal). If you need help for that, let me know on my talk page. − Pintoch (talk) 10:06, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello, You canceled me after my patrol. While:
- Where does this information come from? This information should have a reference (2232 ?).
- Depending on the site, the number is higher.
- in less than 3 minutes looks like vandalism.
- If the information goes back from this page, the date inserted by the IP is false (and the number too, QED). In addition, the information was valid 3 years ago.
- The rb doesn't need an explanation, so when you Undo, write why.
Your edits on Robin Williams (Q83338)
Hi, could you please revert your recent string of edits to Robin Williams (Q83338)? You have added a suicide method to the cause of death property on that item. Suicide methods are neither a manner of death, nor a cause of death, but rather a suicide method. - 2600:1702:31B0:9CE0:B117:3B68:E7EB:EC39 00:31, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
It seems that you have tried to create a property "content descriptor" at Q63871158. In Wikidata we have a distinction between items and properties, and what you created is an item, so you will not be able to use it as a property as you probably expected. To get this created as a property, you need to propose it: see Wikidata:Property_proposal. If you need any help with that process, let me know on my talk page.
- Hey ZI Jony, i just wanted to created something like Wikidata property related to sport (Q21818626) but with weightlifting instead of sport. As i remember, the only difference between Q63871158 and something like Wikidata property related to cycling (Q23660994) was the subject. Kind regards. Trade (talk) 21:54, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
Id'er for filmdatabasen
Hej. Jeg har et værktøj til at fiske id til filmdatabasen på https://tools.wmflabs.org/dawikitool/dk-filmografi/ - det skal være et nummer på både DNF film ID (P1804) og DNF person ID (P2626), da API kun bruger det og ikke kender hvad for en url, som brugergrænsefladen bruger. Søgedelen er ikke perfekt for navnet. Det skal jeg have kigget på. --Steenth (talk) 20:24, 28 May 2019 (UTC)
Metacritic vales order on Watch Dogs: Bad Blood (Q64577202)
I don’t fully get your latest changes on Watch Dogs: Bad Blood (Q64577202). Was that to get the IDs in a specific order?
- Jean-Fred: Pretty much, yes. Seeing Metacritic IDs with platforms in the 'wrong' order is somewhat a pet peeve of mine. I wish there was a way to standardize it, so to say. I really hope it doesn't bother you? --Trade (talk) 16:00, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- Not really because for me there’s no 'right' or 'wrong' order between platforms :) So I guess I find it kind of pointless, but hey, we all have our pet peeves of the sort so if that makes you happy, more power to you :)
- (at some point in the not-so-far-future, I believe we will split VG items into one-per-platform anyways, so that won’t be an issue anymore ;-)
- Jean-Fred (talk) 20:08, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- Jean-Fred, unfortunately, it's also a very tedious process. First you have to remove the item, then you either have to place it at the bottom or replace another item. Then you need to find somewhere to the replaced item and etc. I've always wondered why we can't just click edit, move the order of the items around and then just save the whole thing?