Welcome to Wikidata, Sbbarker19!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- @Pigsonthewing: Hi Andy! Thank you for the warm welcome. I've done the tours, but I still haven't learned much about the query. If I could have some guidance on that, I would really appreciate it! I do have a question about some information I'd like to gather. I hope this makes sense: if I'm trying to see scientific publications coming from Kentucky professors, do the publications need to say where the research institute is, or could the query tell me what publications are coming from Kentucky based on the authors' place of employment? I guess what I'm asking is does the query only pull information from items, or can it pull information from the items mentioned in the statements as well? Thank you again! Sbbarker19 (talk) 19:57, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
AAAS women fellows
I saw the call for help at Women in Red and have been matching men and women, but only adding the women. I'll be interested to see if anyone comes up with a quicker way of adding the required details. And it's fun, just so long as I don't try to do too many at a time! Oronsay (talk) 21:25, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Oronsay: i'm so happy you're liking it! its warming my heart to see the numbers shoot up :) Sbbarker19 (talk) 22:05, 9 May 2019 (UTC)