- 1 MusicBrainz as a source for ISO-codes?
- 2 MBAreaBot
- 3 ReosarevokBot
- 4 Author tag
- 5 some botting maybe.
- 6 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 7 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 8 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 9 Same type of library?
- 10 Missing painters
MusicBrainz as a source for ISO-codes?
I'm not sure is it correct to put MusicBrainz as a source for ISO-codes like here: . I don't know so good what is on MusicBrainz, but hard to believe that music database includes ISO-codes for regions. --Stryn (talk) 11:16, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
- But that's the source - they're coming straight from our DB: Etelä-Pohjanmaa :) Original data is a mix of enwiki + ISO lists, and we've massaged it a bit - I asked legoktm and he said I might as well set it to MusicBrainz itself.--Reosarevok (talk) 11:24, 30 May 2013 (UTC)
I will correct a few values from that import based on Wikidata:Database_reports/Constraint_violations/P300. For example Merthyr Tydfil (Q752762) is the town and Q14865256 is the county where the ISO code belongs to. Do you want some notice on such things? Maybe you can correct them in the MucsiBrainz database as well... --Zuphilip (talk) 12:07, 22 January 2014 (UTC)
Your bot has been listed at Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Removal/Inactive bot accounts as being inactive for over two years. As a housekeeping measure it's proposed to remove the bot flag from inactive bot accounts, unless you expect the bot will be operated again in the near future. If you consent to the removal of the bot flag (or do not reply on the deflag page) you can rerequest the bot flag at Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Bot should you need it again. Of course, You may request retaining your bot flag here if you need the bot flag. Regards--GZWDer (talk) 12:38, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- Lymantria: Thanks! --Reosarevok (talk) 20:12, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
Is there an easy way to add multiple items to wikidata? Or convert them to the right type?
some botting maybe.
hi! since you have it, can you do a bot thing where you for Norwegian where it has "instance of" Surname like on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q26036685 the Description "etternavn" (which is the Norwegian term)? --CatQuest, The Endavouring Cat (talk) 10:14, 8 March 2018 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
Same type of library?
Could you take a look and tell me if archival library (Q26944915) and Q25504402 are the same type of library or not (ping @K2suvi: too), can I merge the two items? or maybe one of the item is a subtype of the other?
- Hi! Q25504402 is an "archival library", but not necessarily the "library of an archive" as suggested by the English description of archival library (Q26944915). In fact, most of the ones we have in Estonia seem to be connected with museums more than archives. The idea seems to be more about archiving their contents for conservation rather than just having them as long as they're useful and then getting rid of them when nobody wants to read them anymore like most other libraries in here do. I'm not 100% sure they should be merged but I probably would, myself. For virtual library (Q1224870) and Q25499211 - it's not completely clear to me *what* this thing is and how it's different from a digital library, even after comparing the German an Estonian articles with someone who speaks both languages, but they do seem to refer to mostly the same thing --Reosarevok (talk) 19:01, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
I see you are importing all sorts of nice paintings! I noticed one of my reports getting quite large so I split it out. For Estonia we now have Wikidata:WikiProject sum of all paintings/Location/Estonia/Missing creator. Could you please rerun the bot on existing paintings and add a description in the form "painting by <creator>"? See for example . This will make the creator bot add painters if these are available and will make it easier to create missing creators.
Some other improvements: Please add a bit more extensive reference, just stated in (P248) is not really enough, you should also add MuIS object ID (P4525) and retrieved (P813) example. It would also be nice if you can add location (P276).
Do they provide images under a free license that you would like to have on Commons? If you add Commons compatible image available at URL (P4765) with the right fields (example) a bot will upload the image to Commons and add it to the item.
I see you are using Python, you might find something useful in https://github.com/multichill/toollabs/tree/master/bot/wikidata . I use artdatabot.py to do the hard work (yes, needs refactoring) and a generator per source, for example Boijmans or Web Umenia.
- Hi! The painters can mostly be added by their IDs in the MuIS system as well, so we don't need to guess by names. What I'm doing right now is a two-time pass, where I add the paintings first (some already get authors because their author IDs are already linked in Wikidata), then I look at the missing authors and link their IDs, then run the bot again to let it auto-assign the author to all the relevant paintings. It doesn't work all the time (MuIS sometimes misses the right data in their RDF) but it does most of the time, and any left can often just be done by hand. It might cause a small mess with your reports for a week or two though, sorry! Hopefully that's not too bad a problem :/
- Re: location (P276) I'm still struggling with deciding what's the right option, especially since Art Museum of Estonia (Q1754105) has multiple different museum buildings the painting can be at. If you want me to add location = the main museum, that's trivial and I can do that for sure.
- Re: references, I thought since the same MuIS thing is already linked it would be a bit duplicate-y to add it again, but I can definitely add them if you think it's for the best :) I can also eventually change it it to extend the reference for the old ones as well I guess, just need to figure out how to edit existing references but I imagine it's not too hard. EDIT: done now for future references!
- Re: images, we'll get to that :) A lot of these paintings are too new to be able to upload to Commons, but we're working with the Tartu museum to get good quality images for the ones that are indeed PD. The Tallinn museums we haven't agreed anything with yet (other than "sure, upload the data I guess?") but hopefully that'll eventually also work out! --Reosarevok (talk) 12:29, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- Also, before I forget: we're having some issues with dates, and how Wikidata stores them. Sometimes we have a single year, and that's easy. But often we have a date range, which can mean either "was painted during these years" or "was painted at some, unknown point in this year range". I'm still not sure what's the right way to do this, so I've disable inception data for now for the Tallinn museums (the old imports for the Tartu museums just took the latest date, but that only works if it's really a range, it doesn't work if it's "maybe this year, but maybe the year before". How do you deal with uncertainty in dates? --Reosarevok (talk) 12:44, 28 July 2018 (UTC)