Welcome to Wikidata, ProtoplasmaKid!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Museo Soumaya paintings
Hi ProtoplasmaKid, how are you doing? At Wikimania we talked about adding the Museo Soumaya (Q2097646) paintings to Wikidata as part of Wikidata:WikiProject sum of all paintings. Do you think they're up to that? Multichill (talk) 22:20, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
- I think they are agree. What I need to do? Thanks, --ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 07:12, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
- Let's keep the conversation in one place.
- To be able to add paintings (or other works) from a collection to Wikidata I need metadata for each work. I looked at the Museo Soumaya website and I didn't see pages for individual works. Is that correct? Do you know if they have any plans to publish that?
- Maybe you can get me the metadata for the works in some sort of structured format (csv generally works). The metadata should contain as much information as available, but at least a title, artist (can be unknown) and inventory number (to make it unique). For Wikidata:Flemish art collections, Wikidata and Linked Open Data I uploaded all sorts of works, not only paintings. I remember Museo Soumaya having an interesting sculpture collection so we could do the same here. Can you see if they can release this data?
- I also created Wikidata:WikiProject sum of all paintings/Location/Mexico. Can you expand this list? I'm sure Mexico has more museums that contain paintings.
- Multichill (talk) 11:35, 7 February 2016 (UTC)