User talk:Mathieu Kappler
Welcome to Wikidata, Mathieu Kappler!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Dubbers are a specific type of voice actors. Voice actors = dubbing actors and radio actors. We have separate entries for these (Q11481802, Q2405480) + see Q8906493 and Q18524934 for example (you wouldn't be able to merge those two cause there's a distinction on plwiki). Also, see  and . So please be more careful when merging, it's a mess that you're creating. 18.104.22.168 18:35, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- OK. Sorry. — Mathieu Kappler (talk) 20:33, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- No need to be sorry. I do have to admit, these terms and labels are pretty confusing and it's a shame that they don't exactly match up between different wikis, but this is probably the best we can do for now since there is some sort of distinction that people use. And even though some entries could work when merged, merging would create some conflicts as well, considering plwiki tends to have distinct categories for voice actors and dubbers (and so does enwiki to an extent). 22.214.171.124 23:07, 21 December 2020 (UTC)