Welcome to Wikidata, Jodi.a.schneider!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Would you like to contribute to a WikiProject COVID-19 ?
I saw you are participant of the WikiProject Zika Corpus and I was wondering if you would be interested in helping to create a Wikidata WikiProject COVID-19.
The goals would be initially (of course, they can be changed):
create a data model for instances of disease outbreak (Q3241045).
monitor the quality of the pages about national outbreaks listed in 2019–20 COVID-19 outbreak by country and territory (Q83741704).
curate the wikidata items relevant for describing the outbreaks and the virus itself.
curate and improve the information on Wikidata about scientific articles regarding the coronavirus (similar to the Wikidata:WikiProject_Zika_Corpus).
think and develop ways to process these items to improve access to information (for example, via automated articles in languages that currently do not have pages about country-specific outbreaks).
Would you like to participate in this effort?
I am trying to gather the Wikidata editors actively involved in the topic.I believe that if we act together, we can have a shot at aiding the global effort in containing the pandemic.
- Yes, sounds great @User:TiagoLubiana:! Jodi.a.schneider (talk) 00:46, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
Call Wikiproject COVID-19 tomorrow (Monday, May 4th)
How are you doing?
I am here to invite you for the Wikiproject COVID-19 call tomorrow (Monday, May 4th). If you are able to meet, the call (in this link: https://meet.google.com/vtp-ighz-npx) will happen tomorrow at 15:00 UT.
As a note, 15:00 UTC is:
- 11:00 AM in New York, USA
- 12:00 AM in São Paulo, Brazil
- 4:00 PM in Tunisia
- 6:00 PM Eastern European Summer Time (EEST)
If you want, also feel free to add topics at the meeting page!