Welcome to Wikidata, Horcrux!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi! To respond to your question on WD:RFD: The way I create items, at least, is to always go through Special:ItemByTitle. There you enter the relevant language code, and the title of the page. If there already is an item for the article, you will be forwarded to that item. If there isn't, there will be a message about it, and a link to create a new item (pre-filled with the language code and title). That is the best way to do it, as far as I know. Jon Harald Søby (talk) 20:10, 22 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! And there is a way to create a item all in one time, instead of doing like this? --Horcrux92 (talk) 01:33, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- (I like keeping discussions in one place, so moving here.) Yeah, there are several useful gadgets in Special:Preferences. Even though I mostly only use a few of them, I've turned on all of the Wikidata-centric gadgets for myself, just so I will have the possibility to do something (even if I do it rarely). For adding several links, the one called slurpInterwiki is what you want. Hope that helps. :-) Jon Harald Søby (talk) 01:38, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
Club Natació Sabadell
- Mi sono scordata :-( Cercherò di ricordarmelo la prossima volta. Ciao, Ary29 (talk) 13:47, 27 May 2015 (UTC)
More careful merges
- Hello Horcrux, thank you for your restoration. It was obviously my mistake. --Sisyph 14:13, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
Canoe/kayak vs canoe
I see you've moved many sitelinks to second item. Are you sure about all these languages that they don't include kayak? E.g. in enwiki there's phrase "In some parts of Europe canoeing refers to both canoeing and kayaking, with a canoe being called a Canadian canoe." --Infovarius (talk) 10:15, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Re: furnishing (Q31807746)! The two items you merged are not quite the same thing. The old Q31807746 was “furnishing” (noun), a thing or creative work like a cushion or carpet. You merged in “furnishing” (verb) the technique or process of adding furnishings to a room, which should be a separate item. I’d like to separate these Items again. - PKM (talk) 20:10, 9 January 2018 (UTC)