Welcome to Wikidata, GualdimG!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
When you (want to) merge items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It helps with merging, gives the option to always keep the lower number (which is older, so preferable in most cases) and removes the need to file a request on Wikidata:Requests for deletions.
With regards,- cycŋ - (talk • contribs • logs) 15:17, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
location (P276) usage
Hi GualdimG, I noticed you changed the location on Annunciation (Q1241129) from Galleria Palatina (Q866498) to Florence (Q2044). For location we try to use the most exact location so you shouldn't put the city in there, but the gallery or museum it's in. It can be quite precise. For example the The Night Watch (Q219831) is in location Nightwatch hall (Q25845794). Multichill (talk) 21:02, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- OK, @Multichill: In many times we are repeating the Location and the Collection. When I had made some Lists of paintings the two columns about Location and Collection are the same. I think is more useful have the two values imediately visible. But, if you prefer the two same values I sugest we can put another value, in the location, for the city. I am sorry, had made same changes over the time, changing for the location, the city for the museu, because, as I had said, the museum is already named as the collection. Greetings, GualdimG (talk) 21:13, 18 March 2019 (UTC)