Welcome to Wikidata, Gardenmania!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi Gardenmania, please stop removing links from gardening (Q124946). I cannot understand what you are trying to do, but you do it the wrong way. Please explain and I will help. LaddΩ chat ;) 16:12, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
- I'm a Korean user. because of beginner about Wiki, I am trying many this time. I don't understand my doing about Wiki. I ask your pardon. I'm so sorry, repeatedly.--Gardenmania (talk) 16:28, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
- @Gardenmania: Hi, do not feel sorry, we all were beginners when we started :) You can answer on this page, I will respond to your questions here if necessary.
- Now to describe what the problem is: gardening (Q124946) and horticulture (Q48803) represent more than just inter-language links between Wikipedias: they are items representing precise concepts: one is a hobby (Q47728) and the other is industry (Q8148). Like most items of Wikidata, these two items are already used by Wikipedias from multiple languages to provide related information: for example, the name of the matching page on Commons, the corresponding Freebase ID (P646), and many more properties..
- Now you have created item Q18038393 to represent something else, and you have manually moved the links WP articles from 8 other languages to that new item. This may have broken the WP that were already using these two items.
- I have again reverted all three items back to what they were before you started and we will fix them together.
- I understand that you find ko:정원 가꾸기 is different from ko:원예 and also different from ko:원예학. Please explain the difference so that I understand what belongs where. Better, add statements to your new item.
- We will achieve what you want by using methods with less impact, possibly simply replacing the link to Korean article on gardening (Q124946) or horticulture (Q48803)? Let's discuss more. Thanks - LaddΩ chat ;) 19:30, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
- @Laddo: Thank U about your friendly suggestion. I asked for many Korean wikipedia user's help. This is a result.
~~A comment from another Korean wikipedia user(10k): Looking into the contents of 정원 가꾸기, 원예, en:Gardening and en:Horticulture, apparently the correspondence should be 정원 가꾸기-->gardening, and 원예-->horticulture, and the item 원예학 will better be merged into 원예. (-학 is a postfix describing an 'academic field', like -logy in English.)--Gardenmania (talk) 09:54, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- OK @Gardenmania:, I did as you indicated: used "정원 가꾸기" for gardening [ gardening (Q124946) ] ; used "원예" for horticulture [ horticulture (Q48803) ] ; also added "원예학" as an "alias" of horticulture (Q48803). Finally I merged your new item Q18038393 into gardening (Q124946) - it should be suppressed very soon. I hope this is all correct.
- What is left to be done is to fix the ko descriptions of these two items, gardening (Q124946) and horticulture (Q48803). Can you please check these two? Thanks a lot, and let me know if something is still incorrect. Cheers - LaddΩ chat ;) 02:22, 17 September 2014 (UTC)