Welcome to Wikidata, Florian.Reitz!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi, You just added two ORCID iDs to Peng Shi (Q29258950) - can I just check that was deliberate, and ask for your sources? If there are two iDs for this individual, I'll report the duplication to ORCID. Cheers, Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 21:41, 22 December 2017 (UTC)
Hi Andy, thanks for looking out!
Both ORCIDs where delivered to us by IEEE with https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2016.2633373 and https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.2017.2675943 . The affiliations match the CV of the author. They also agree with the biographies provided with the papers ("freely" available from IEEE) including the pictures and the biography on the author web page (https://researchers.adelaide.edu.au/profile/peng.shi). The metadata are consistent with the information in the papers themselves, though Adelaide is mentioned in the second paper but not directly in the metadata. There is also thematic similarity. Is there a procedure in ORCID to map these profiles? We have some authors with 3 manually confirmed ORCIDs and I assume there will be more in the future. Greetings Florian.Reitz (talk)
- Hi again - ORCID confirm that these are not the same individual. You can report possible duplicates to their support@ email address (which is what I did in this case). In view of the ambiguity, I've removed both values for now. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 11:38, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
WikiCite Satellite Cologne 2020
Hi Florian - you have added yourself to the list of people who are interested in the WikiCite Satellite Cologne 2020 meeting. The call for submissions is still open and we would love to see your contribution! Let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes!
We sent you an e-mail
Really sorry for the inconvenience. This is a gentle note to request that you check your email. We sent you a message titled "The Community Insights survey is coming!". If you have questions, email email@example.com.
You can see my explanation here.