Welcome to Wikidata, Evad37!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
If you can figure out how to set up the request, User talk:Legobot/properties.js/requests might save you some time when handling the more repetitive properties. --Rschen7754 08:06, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- A late thank you, I do intend to look into this at some point in the future (might not be till December). - Evad37 (talk) 05:00, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
x, street, Perth
I must say I am quite confused about the label/title/name of a thing, whether it is better to tie in with the name as found in wp en, or whether a qualifier is best only in the aka part sats (talk) 02:57, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
- Per WD:L, labels should just be the common name, even if it is ambigious. "Disambiguation" is provided through the description. There is no need for a unique name for anything, since everything has a unique Q number. - Evad37 [talk] 03:00, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
- i.e. use the name you would use in the text of the en.wp article, rather than the title. - Evad37 [talk] 03:01, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your work on KML
|The Wikidata Barnstar|
|Many thanks for your excellent work on the KML property! Cheers, The Anome (talk) 09:01, 27 August 2016 (UTC)|