Welcome to Wikidata, D-Kuru!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
It seems that you have tried to create a property "character animator" at Q64221184. In Wikidata we have a distinction between items and properties, and what you created is an item, so you will not be able to use it as a property as you probably expected. To get this created as a property, you need to propose it: see Wikidata:Property proposal. If you need any help with that process, let me know.
- @Pintoch: Yeah, I already noticed. I also noticed that I'm not in the user group who are allowed to create new properties.
- Thanks for the link though that will make my life easier. I will try to care about that this week.
- --D-Kuru (talk) 20:29, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- As far as I understand Help:Basic membership properties
- therefore an actual AMD Phenom II X6 1090T in a computer is a concrete example and instance of (P31) of AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (Q66481199), which is a class. Feel free to ask for advice to other contributors, such in Wikidata talk:WikiProject Informatics, Help talk:Basic membership properties or Wikidata:Project chat. See also https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/tree.html?q=Q5297&rp=279&lang=de . Visite fortuitement prolongée (talk) 13:04, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi. You should add the item of the category. I noticed that these categories aren't linked to an item, so you have to create them. E.g. Category:Software licenses (Q7020956). --Tinker Bell ★ ♥ 20:01, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Tinker Bell: Looks like it works like category for pictures taken with camera (P2033). Maybe a bit late to request that, but can it work like Commons category (P373) where the links brings you right to the category on Commons? --D-Kuru (talk) 20:05, 22 January 2020 (UTC)