Welcome to Wikidata, Bluemask!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hallo and welcome,
For merging items, you can try the following tool: Merge.js gadget. It makes it much easier to do, and easier for the admins to check and follow up your nominations. -Cycn (talk) 09:21, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Please would you consider to redirect the merged items yourself? This can be done by checking a box in this gadget. Thank you. Lymantria (talk) 15:19, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- @Lymantria: I was using "Edit links" in the interwiki section of the lonely pages that I find in tlwiki. I assumed that after the link transfer, the pages will be merged and a redirect is also created. Next time, I will manually use the merge option here in Wikidata. --Bluemask (talk) 11:55, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
The items you are nominating at the moment are not duplicates but redirects. Please do not empty them, so the admins can check the link, and just nominate them for the reason of being a (category) redirect. - - (Cycn/talk) 09:05, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
- @Cyn:, OK, I will refrain from using the term "duplicate" then. --Bluemask (talk) 16:49, 8 January 2014 (UTC)
- @Multichill: My mistake. I didn't review both pages. Will not touch the merge items of the Distributed Game anymore. My apologies. --15:00, 12 November 2017 (UTC)