User:ProteinBoxBot/2015 Gene Ontology sprint
GO wants to start enhancing Wikipedia articles about GO classes (e.g. 'apoptosis') with infoboxes drawn from wikidata entries. They already have a fair number of GO-Wikipedia mappings as xrefs. They will need to triangulate and begin to maintain GO-wikidata mappings and to populate the corresponding wikidata items.
2) We have wikidatabots that should be useful to get going.
- Inventories what GO content already exists in Wikidata
- Manually model an example entry as template
- Write bot
- Test bot on 1 selected entry
- Test bot on 10 selected entry
- Test bot on 100 selected entry
- Does our current task permissions allow adding Gene Ontology?
- Full run
- Does this task remain under the ProteinBotBox account?
- Go for production.
Go content in Wikidata
The following properties have already been added to Wikidata.
|Wikidata property||Number of wikidata Items containing that property|
|Gene Ontology ID (P686)||7327|
|biological process (P682)||1899|
|molecular function (P680)||1886|
|cell component (P681)||1898|
Candidate entr[y|ies]: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q14863378
Properties to be requested
definition synonyms PMID xref (to check)