|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
From October 2016 to October 2017, I am employed as the Wikimedian In Residence at the University of Oxford, based at the Bodleian Libraries. This involves some paid editing to share data from and about GLAMs and research projects with Wikidata.
I am learning about SPARQL and the Query Service so I can make interesting visualisations for research and education. A sub-page lists my example queries.
I've contributed some games to Wikidata:Everything is connected.
- I deliver customised training to specialist audiences (librarians, researchers, developers) on Wikidata and other Wikimedia projects. See wmuk:User:MartinPoulter#Activity_summary
Visualisations I use in presentations
For the definitive list see Wikidata:Tools/External_tools.
- Wikidata Graph Builder
- Wikidata timeline tool (Zika papers example)
- Wikiproject Sum of all paintings
- Crotos (View of artworks)
- Scholia (scholarly profiles)
- Voice interfaces to Wikidata: AskPlatyp.us and Wiri
- Wikidata:Data donation
- Commons-WD: tool for populating Wikidata by attaching attributes to files from Commons categories
- Jane's user page with some useful links
- WikiCite report
- Query: 500 most-documented pieces of art
- I'm Q19959618.