|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
My main user page is at the English Wikipedia.
- I seek tiny tasks on Wikidata to develop my knowledge and skills in it.
- I'd like Wikidata to integrate with Wikisource as soon as possible.
- Also I work at a government statistics agency and in the long run there will be useful data to systematically copy and link from system to system.
- I am starting a Wikidata WikiProject on patents soon, as discussed here and here, unless there is a sensible objection. Will invite User:Wittylama, User:Fnielsen, and Lukas W if and when I find him.
To study and do on Wikidata
- get trained better: Wikidata:Tours
- C.H. Gibbs-Smith
- Max Klein offers this list of ambiguities to be clarified in Wikidata, and for a small task I can at least look at these and hopefully figure out what's right: Wikidata:Database_reports/Constraint_violations/P214
- Kinzler (or another person I consulted) suggests to study sources . .
- See the Books task force here on Wikidata for interop with Wikisource, and more here
- /Patents -- what should patents have? aka, what should be the patents metadata
- automating archiving: https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Wikidata_talk:Project_chat&curid=5058332&diff=652826231&oldid=652825807
Presenting Wikidata fast
- Show English, German, and French versions of Wikipedia articles, e.g. on US DOE
- Point out the list of language editions and the infobox
- Say: the links between the languages are stored in a common site, Wikidata
- Show entry on wikidata with many languages. This is where it remembers these names refer to the same entity
- Infobox type stuff is in the wikidata entry and the infoboxes could be filled, for a new language, from this source. notice I am logged in with my regular Wikimedia username. I can edit this information. The information is mostly in item-property-value triples, with roughly the same meaning as RDF triples you may have heard of. Show Lih's slide with examples of Q items and P properties. Scroll through the items for DOE. Jump to Wright patent entry on wikidata, and show it links to the wikisource of the text which is being transcribed.
- By this point we've already showed supply and demand for wikidata info.
- If possible show updates to multiple infoboxes based on one wikidata edit
I have happily after some years unified all my Wikimedia accounts.
Quick links to my identities and task-lists at