taxi as service can use a rickshaw (Q182634) or moped (Q201783)
Australian and "Point to point transport"
Point to point transport provides flexible, convenient options for customers to get from A to B via the route they choose at a time that suits. Point to point transport includes taxis, hire cars, tourist services, rideshare services and community transport
Not proficient with australian words what is exactly meant by "ptp transport": actual cars or transportation services.
No luck with licenses too: PPS - Application for an Authority to Drive Taxi-Cab doesn't use "taxi" as vehicle or "service". d1g (talk) 10:57, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
Proponents "taxi is vehicle" can comment here
- says "A motor vehicle licensed to transport passengers in return for payment of a fare"
- I wounder how one cannot see service in bolded words.
- It probably reveals problem of expecting that interwiki will link articles about exactly the same. For example https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taks%C3%B3wka defines topic of article as "vehicle that is used for..." Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 12:53, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- I think it would make more sense to create new item named "vehicles used in taxi industry" and move sitelinks from Q82650
- @Mateusz Konieczny: Is this bad suggestion? d1g (talk) 13:03, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- BTW, I would support removal of "Service regulated at least in Australia and Vancouver" - it should go into property, not label Mateusz Konieczny (talk) 12:54, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- d1g your own Oxford dictionary quote starts with a motor vehicle, ie. a vehicle. ArthurPSmith (talk) 13:17, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- @ArthurPSmith: I was always saying it is vehicle+license+service thing, it can't be "just any vehicle unconditionally" or "just license" or "just service"
- All of my edits had "use of vehicle". It could be clarified with "item operated = land vehicle" (or motor vehicle) d1g (talk) 13:23, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- A taxi is a vehicle. A taxicab service is a service. Uber may or may not be a taxicab service, but it is not a vehicle. Jheald (talk) 13:40, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I don't understand the problem here.
- taxi (Q82650) is a subclass of vehicle (Q42889). Its use (P366) is for providing a taxi service (Q41222493).
- What is it that you are not happy with in that? Or that you think other people are not happy with? Jheald (talk) 15:37, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- First, I understand that "vehicle" refers to boats too. So boat=taxi is okay and vice versa.
- Secondly, "taxi" word cannot exist without "service" part. OD says "other means of transportation used in the same way as a taxi"
- @Jheald: service part was removed twice and I don't see how it can be reasonable.
- Word wasn't "taxi" it had different words "извоз" (occupation with horses) "извозчик" (driver), but they are effectively gone now. d1g (talk) 18:49, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- @D1gggg: Please understand the concept of subclass of (P279) "is a subclass of".
- A subclass of (P279) B does not imply B subclass of (P279) A.
- Some taxis are boats. That does not imply that all boats are taxis. Jheald (talk) 19:25, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Jheald:, don't worry some boats are taxis, this relation is one-way.
- My point was about "taxi" subclass "service"
- In which situation taxi is not a service? Yellow pages placing it under "services" not by mistake.
- Why it was necessary to remove seemingly correct claims?
- taxi is a vehicle but it also a service (and often licensing thing).
- E.g. here it is a vehicle, but this vehicle was part of taxi services. (bus was used for transportation, but taxi may or may not)
- It would be more correct to claim "item operated = vehicle" + "subclass = service" like I did
- Nobody objects that "public transport" is a service, but "taxi" is not a service for some reason. d1g (talk) 19:53, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- I think this item should be subclass of (P279) vehicle for hire (Q13417157), given that there are other types of vehicle for hire (Q13417157). Danrok (talk) 00:25, 30 September 2017 (UTC)