Wikidata:Status updates/2014 08 16
This is the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-08-16.
- Open RfOS: John F. Lewis
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Help choose which banner will be featured on the new Main page! Click here to view the two banner candidates and leave your feedback before August 20th 16:00 UTC.
- Wikidata Translate, a Wikidata-based Google translator open source clone.
Did you know?
- Newest properties: journey destination, score method, grave picture, present in work, Fide ID, Norsk filmografi ID, Jewish Encyclopedia ID, plea, collection size
- Newest WikiProjects: WikiProject Movies
- Finished a large number of new features and got them ready for roll-out. More in this email.
- Wikibase made a big step forward to finally switch to DataModel 1.0.
- Improved support for entity IDs bigger than 2 billion (32 bit integer).
- We had to adapt Wikibase to some major changes (more major than usual, partly caused by discussions at Wikimania) in MediaWiki core: The default Vector skin became its own component and the ResourceLoader got some small but important updates.
- Continued work on refactoring code of the user interface to make it ready for new design
- Wrote a script to get number of users having wikidata in their recent changes/watchlist from the database
See current sprint items for what we’re working on next.
You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here