constraint report relating to Wikimedia disambiguation page (Q4167410)
- see: Wikimedia disambiguation page (Q4167410) with BNCF Thesaurus (P508) לערי ריינהארט (talk) 18:37, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
- Usualy there might be more possibilities:
- a) Please identify the non - ambiguation page (WD item) where the property BNCF Thesaurus should be moved;
"normally" no other statements should be left at the disambiguation page.
It can happen that a set of properties should be moved to another (a second) WD item, another set to a third WD item etc.
- b) (recomended method:) Verify which language is a disambiguation page and separate it from the rest. Please use Gadget-labelLister.js can be activated at preferences#gadgets to remove all faulty (disambiguation) descriptions after the disambiguation page is separated: Verify the descriptions for the following languages: de, en, fr, es, pt, pt-br, ru, sv which where added by bots long time ago and take a short look at the other language descriptions.
- c) If method b) can not be used because all linked WMF-project language pages are (local) disambiguation pages please create a new WD item and add a proper description in your native language and in English.
Thanks in advance!
- Today (more then two months after the first report) 949 items are found. gangLeri לערי ריינהארט (talk) 06:52, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
Problems with visualisation
Setting unique and single values as mandatory
Yesterday I held a technical meeting with National Central Library of Florence (Q460907)'s staff, to analyse and further improve the synchronisation of their thesaurus with Wikidata. One of the ideas we had is to set as mandatory unique and single values, as there shouldn't be exceptions to the 1:1 rule (or at least, really few exceptions). I'm just noting this down for the future. They also gave me a substantial list of confirmed matches, that will be uploaded in the next days. Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 10:00, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
- add |mandatory=true only if the violation count is at 0, per Wikidata:Database reports/Constraint violations/Mandatory constraints. Note that setting this parameter does not change how users obey the constraint. It only adds the violations to an overview page to spot data structure degradation more easily. --Pasleim (talk) 14:18, 2 March 2017 (UTC)