Good definition wanted
The property lacks good definition. The property seems to be describing en:General contractor, but there is a major problem in the interlinked of the topic in Wikipedia.
- German de:Bauherr is not wikidata-linked. It must be the same as the Danish da:Bygherre. A Danish "Bygherre" is an owner that pays for building a house. A "bygherre" can employ an "da:entreprenør".
- Danish da:Bygherre is wikidata-linked to general contractor (Q289612)
- general contractor (Q289612) is linked to German de:Generalunternehmer and English en:General contractor. The "General contractor" seems more related to the idea of "entrenenør".
- German de:Bauherr is linked to French fr:Maîtrise d'ouvrage
- French fr:Maîtrise d'œuvre is linked to Danish da:entreprenør and German de:Baumeister and English en:General contractor.
In conclussion it seems that
- main building contractor (P193) = general contractor (Q289612) = en:General contractor = de:Generalunternehmer = da:entreprenør = fr:Maîtrise d'œuvre
- de:Bauherr = da:Bygherre = fr:Maîtrise d'ouvrage. There seems to be no wikidata item for this concept. And it is unclear to me what the English word is other than "client".
- I.e, da:Bygherre, sv:Byggherre and others and linked to the wrong concept.
- Dangling: de:Baumeister =? da:bygmester =? sv:Byggmästare
- Wikidata has "Generalbauunternehmer, but German Wikipedia does not. And what is Generalunternehmer compared to de:Baumeister?
- I have now attempted a cleanup of Wikidata and interwikilinks. I have also created a new entity Owner builder (Q15587490) and linked, e.g., fr:Maîtrise d'ouvrage and de:Bauherr. Hopefully this is correct? — Finn Årup Nielsen (fnielsen) (talk) 22:12, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
Please comment at Wikidata:Properties_for_deletion#manufacturer_.28P176.29_and_main_building_contractor_.28P193.29. --Izno (talk) 11:24, 5 May 2016 (UTC)