|Description||identifier assigned to monuments catalogued by the Archaeological Survey of India|
|Represents||Archaeological Survey of India (Q632235)|
|Data type||External identifier|
|Domain||cultural property (Q2065736), geographic location (Q2221906)
(note: this should be moved to the property statements)|
According to this template:
(Taken from Wikipedia:Template:ASI_Monument_row):
Composed of multiple codes to form an identifier
- A one-letter code for the type of recognition: N for National monument and S for State monument. Followed by a dash.
- A two-letter abbreviation for the state based on ISO 3166-2:IN (Q27823) (without the IN part). Followed by a dash.
- Sometimes a 1 letter abbreviation for the circle if there are multiple ASI defined circles active in a state. Not followed by a dash.
- the number that is being provided by the ASI on their website: http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_alphalist.asp
- Sometimes when the description in the ASI database itself splits up the monument in multiple parts, a suffix preceded by a dash. For example: -c
According to statements in the property:
When possible, data should only be stored as statements
|Example||Taj Mahal (Q9141) → N-UP-A28|
|Robot and gadget jobs||bots should be able to link pages using the the ASI Monument template on Wikimedia Commons pages from the category Commons:Category:ASI_monuments_with_known_ID's and pull data from from Wikipedia pages belonging to Wikipedia:Category:Lists_of_Monuments_of_National_Importance or Wikipedia:Category:Lists_of_State_Protected_Monuments_in_India that contain the ASI Monument row template.|
|Related to country|| India (Q668) (See 14 others)|
|Proposal discussion||Property proposal/Archive/23#P1371|
|Search for values|