The aim of of the periodicals task force is:
- to define a set of properties from w:Template:Infobox_journal and w:Template:Infobox_magazine (and other languages), especially prior names with year ranges, and standard abbreviations
- to define a set of properties about periodical publishers, including learned societies
- to map and import 'Journals cited by Wikipedia'
- to map and import all relevant data to the Wikipedia collection of journal articles at w:Category:Academic journal articles / w:Category:Magazine articles (and other languages), and link these items to the reason for their notability - e.g. the discovery that was made, or event it records.
- prepare for linking Wikisource collection of journal/magazine articles into Wikidata.
- to map and import all other relevant data that currently is spread in Commons, Wikipedia, and Wikisource.
- establish methods to interact with this data from different projects
Venue item properties
These properties apply to journals/magazines as a publishing venue.
Organisation item properties
These properties apply to journals/magazines as a organisation.
||Commons media file
||graphic mark or emblem commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and products
||([[|]]) logo image ([[commons:File:|]])
||specific location where an organization's HQ is or has been situated
||([[|]]) headquarters location ([[|]])
||founder or co-founder of the organization or place
||([[|]]) founder ([[|]])
||presiding member of an organization, group or body
||([[|]]) chairperson ([[|]])
||subject is a part of that object
||([[|]]) part of ([[|]])
||subject was founded or started by separating from identified object
||([[|]]) separated from ([[|]])
article item properties
This properties are for the first item that represents a book (FRBR work level). These properties are mainly for items linked to Wikipedia pages.
List of qualifiers for using an article item as a source for a claim.